Saturday 2 November 2013

Tardis Card for my Husband's 50th Birthday

Hello,
 
My husband, Neil turned 50 on the 25th October and I made him the card below. I saw the idea in a cards magazine a while ago and thought that would be perfect for him as he loves the TV series, Dr Who. 
I used 1 whole sheet of blue Bazzill cardstock from my stash and tried to get the blue colour as near as possible to the real Tardis. The top two windows are cut from vellum and then thin cuts of blue card taped over the top. I added extra depth to the wooden panels on the doors by adding a smaller square and inking around the edges. The Police Box sign at the back I just typed up in Powerpoint so I could align the wording properly & the sign on the left hand side in the panel is taken from an image online. The light at the top of the box is trimmed by hand and then I used my white gel pen to add the blocks of white colour.


 
 
Neil was very pleased with his card. I also made him a cake and put a Tardis on the cake using icing. Sophie has some mini lego Dr Who characters and she added them to the cake for decoration. So as you may of guessed the theme was Dr who, who is also celebrating it's 50th year this year too.
 
Thanks for looking.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this card!! You have a cargo load of patience, it's so cool I think my eldest son will be putting in a request!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was googling images to get ideas for my daughters birthday card and saw this. Love it. I did a Tardis for her last birthday. this year I am thinking one of those card in a box that are so popular with a Dr Who theme.

    ReplyDelete